AutPlay® Therapy is a play and behavioral therapy approach to working with children and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dysregulation issues, and other neurodevelopmental disorders. It integrates models of play therapy and behavioral therapy along with relationship development in a collaborative model to assist children and adolescents in gaining beneficial skills and abilities. AutPlay® Therapy was created by Dr. Robert Jason Grant and is both therapist-led and parent-led.
Through AutPlay®, therapists will work with both the child or adolescent client and their parents to improve skill deficits in the areas of emotional regulation, social functioning, and relationship connection. When children can learn to self regulate, possess social skills that relate to their environments, and learn appropriate and meaningful relationship connections, they are less likely to have behavioral issues and more likely to function in their day-to-day environment successfully.
AutPlay® Therapy has Shown Effective Treatment Outcomes for the Following Areas:
- Increasing Emotional Regulation Ability
- Improving Social Skills and Functioning
- Improving Relationship Development and Connection
- Reducing Anxiety Levels
- Improving Sensory Processing Challenges
- Increasing Concentration, Focus, and Attention
- Reducing Unwanted Behaviors
- Improving the Parent/Child Relationship
While many neurodevelopmental disorders have no cure, AutPlay® Therapy has been successful in treating the symptoms that are often present with neurodevelopmental disorders, and it has been shown to specifically treat the following:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sensory Processing Challenges
- Intellectual Developmental Disorder
- Social Pragmatic Communication Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome
- Learning Disorders
- Social Disorders
- Impulsive Disorders
Currently, Megan McCarty and Lisa Howard Cardwell are Certified AutPlay® Therapists.
To learn more about how AutPlay® Therapy may benefit your family, visit https://www.autplaytherapy.com/.