Everyone deserves safety, connection, and love.
We understand how painful it is when your home isn’t a happy one.
We can help.
Parenting is both a joyous gift and a challenging responsibility. Although some may feel more equipped than others for parenthood, even the most “equipped” parents find themselves in moments with their child where they wonder: What is happening? How should I respond? Am I doing this right?
What is Parent Coaching?
Creative Family Counseling offers parents support and coaching in various formats. Most of the clinicians at our practice are Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators, which means they have completed a program to learn how to teach parents the positive parenting tools they crave.
While all of our team members are mental health therapists, coaching is different than counseling. Counseling is a medical service and is coded as such, with appropriate diagnosis when necessary. Coaching is not a medical service and therefore diagnosis codes are not used.
How do you offer Parent Coaching?
For some parents, parent coaching comes in the form of “Parent Meetings” where support is offered to parents 1-1 and is individualized and educational. This can be integrated as part of a child’s individual therapy, part of family therapy, or for parents only. Our clinicians offer flexible availability for parent coaching, offered at both our Prospect Campus and our Louisville Campus. We also know that your time is valuable and that in-person appointments are not for everyone. No fear – your parent coach can also meet with you Online via Telehealth!
Other parents may benefit from increasing their parenting toolkit by attending a Positive Discipline Parenting Workshop in an group setting offered by members of the Creative Family Counseling Parent Coaching team.
Our team also partners with area schools and organizations to come and offer our parenting workshops and classes in the community! To learn how your organization can host Creative Family Counseling’s Parenting Coaches, contact Courtney Morgan.
For parents who wish for a self-paced program offering for Parent Coaching, look no more! Our Positive Discipline Foundational Parenting Program is available for purchase.
With each coaching service offered, Therapists work with parents to find a healthy parenting style and approach that fits their family’s needs.
Common Challenges Addressed with Creative Family Counseling Parent Coaches:
- Outbursts and tantrums
- Children not listening to adults
- Parental frustration
- Having the same problem over and over
- You’re out of ideas
- Nothing you’ve tried has worked
- Differences in parenting styles between parents
- Navigating Co-parenting relationships
- Adjusting to family changes
- Family or sibling discord
- Blended family issues
- New parent or 1st time parent lack of parental knowledge/experience
- Parents know what kind of parent they do NOT want to be but they aren’t sure which methods would best fit their child and family
Outcomes of Parent Coaching:
- Interruption of negative interaction cycles
- Healthy boundaries
- More peaceful interactions
- Healthier and more respectful communication
- Clear decision making
- Reduction of stress and strain within the relationship
- Resolved Conflicts
- More confidence in parenting decisions and methods
- More peaceful homes
There is Hope.
We Offer Long-Term Solutions.
Our Parent Coaches teach parents about the parenting philosophies from Dr. Jane Neslen’s Positive Discipline curriculum. Positive Discipline is a non-permissive and non-punitive parenting approach which address current behavioral challenges while also instilling long term positive characteristics and qualities in growing children and teens.
Positive Discipline provides parents with the following:
- Understanding why some parenting approaches don’t have long term effects
- Knowledge about a child’s internal locus of control
- Practical, ready-to-use parenting tools
- Methods which apply to children from birth through teenage years
We agree to provide a safe space that allows clients to reach their goals in a collaborative manner.
I’m ready for a happier home. How do I get started?
1. Contact our Practice Administrator to be matched with a Therapist who fits your needs.
2. Schedule an intake appointment to discuss your concerns and goals.
3. Allow your Therapist to create an individualized treatment plan for you.
4. Work together to meet your goals.
5. Enjoy a happier home.
Still have Questions?
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page to have additional questions answered!