10 Activities to Beat Cabin Fever While Being #HealthyAtHome
Struggling with Cabin Fever while remaining #HealthyAtHome during the pandemic of Covid-19? Here’s some activities you can try to add some variety to your day:
- Have a backyard dance party. Turn up music and invite your neighbors to join from their own yard.
- Pick a family member to watch every day for one week. Learn their mannerisms. At the end of the week, your family can put on a show and each present their best impressions of one another.
- Take turns creating a morning workout that includes at least four physical movements.
- Create a list of things you want to do when you can be around others again. Add one new item every day.
- Play a daily game virtually with other families.
- Have a household contest to see who touches their face the fewest times every day. Use a dry erase board to write each family member’s name, and keep score. Each time you catch someone touching his or her face, they get a tally mark. Whoever has the fewest marks at the end of the day wins bragging rights.
- Write cards of encouragement for residents of nursing homes.
- Cook a new recipe together as a family.
- Rearrange room furniture for a new feel in the house.
- Breathe deeply 5 times before you get out of bed, in the middle of the day, and again before going to sleep.
Lastly, create your own list of activities that you can try both individually and as a family during this time. Let’s get CREATIVE!
If you happen to need support during this time, we are accepting new clients of all ages and have Therapists available with immediate openings via telehealth counseling. Please visit www.creativefamilycounseling.org for more information.